|Posted on November 7, 2019 at 6:20 AM|
- Wait time of 5 minutes or less; In September 2019, 93% of TSA Pre✓® passengers waited less than 5 min.
- More than 200 airports and 73 airlines provide TSA Pre✓®
- With TSA Pre✓® you DO NOT need to remove: Shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts and light jackets.
- Only good for travel by air
- Apply online: Submit an online application in 5 minutes & schedule an appointment at any of 380+ enrollment centers.
- Background Check: A 10 minute, in person appointment that includes a background check and fingerprinting.
- Enjoy TSA Pre✓®: Add your Known Traveler Number to your ticket and enjoy!
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the United States through automatic kiosks at select airports.
Cost: 5 year $100 membership fee per person including minor children under the age of 18
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
- TSA Pre✓® Eligibility
- Good for travel by Land, Sea and Air
- Create a Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) account. Regardless of your age, you must have your own TTP account.
- Log in to your TTP account and complete the application. A $100 non-refundable fee is required with each completed application.
- After accepting your completed application and fee, CBP will review your application. If your application is conditionally approved, then your TTP account will instruct you to schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. Each applicant must schedule a separate interview.
- You will need to bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine readable permanent resident card.
For More Information visit: www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry
Mobile Passport Control (MPC) allows U.S. citizens and Canadian visitors to use the Mobile Passport app to expedite their entry process into the United States. It is the first app authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for eligible travelers with a smartphone or tablet to submit their passport information and answer CBP inspection-related questions prior to CBP inspection. Much like Automated Passport Control (APC), the app does not require pre-approval and is free to use. The app streamlines the traveler inspection process and enables CBP officers to focus more on the inspection and less on administrative functions.
Cost: Free version for single use of passport information that can only be entered in 2 hours before you use it; Mobile Passport Plus is $14.99 per year and stores your passport information.
Upon landing in the United States, travelers will complete the “New Trip” section by selecting their arrival airport and airline, taking a self-photo, and answering a series of CBP inspection-related questions. Once the traveler submits their transaction through the app, the traveler will receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code. Travelers then bring their passport and mobile device with their digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer to finalize their inspection for entry into the United States. This allows them to skip the customs kiosks.
Application Process: Download the app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
For More Information visit: www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control
Categories: Travel News
Comments are disabled.